What is the Agneepath Scheme?
The Agneepath scheme is a public-interest and ambitious scheme run by the government of India. Under which the government will now appoint soldiers to the armies only for 4 years. After that, he will be retired from the army. The candidates who get selected under the scheme will be called Agniveer. They will be given 6 months of basic training here and only then will they be able to be appointed to the posts of agniveer. Every year, 46,000 people will be recruited as agniveer in the Indian Army under the Agneepath scheme.
The main objective of the Agneepath scheme:-The main objective of the scheme is to cut the army’s expenditure. The government can spend money well in the second type of scheme. Apart from this, the government has also operated this scheme to reduce the problem of unemployment that is increasing in the country. So that more and more young people and girls can get employment. The age limit for joining the army under the Agneepath scheme has been revised and increased. Earlier, this age was only from 17.5 years to 21 years, but now it has been increased from 17.5 to 23 years.
Age Limit of the Agneepath Scheme:-The age limit has been fixed at 17.5 years, with a maximum age of 23 years. On getting selected as an Agniveer, the candidates will be given 10 weeks to 6 months of training here.
Eligibility for the Agneepath Scheme:To get selected in agneepath scheme, candidates must have 10th and 12th degrees. Only then will he be able to apply for the Agniveer posts, where the medical standards will be the same as those set by the government for recruitment in the army. No change has been made in this.
What will happen after 4 years of Agniveers? Most of the eligible candidates who will be selected as Agni Veer in the Indian Army will be retired from the army after 4 years. After this, the government will issue them a certificate by which they can easily apply for work in other types of the private or corporate world. In some states, the state governments have also announced that such Agni Veer will be given first priority in the police service. However, the government has also indicated that 25% of the agniveers, who are being appointed for 4 years, will be re-employed in the army. Only if the notification for recruitment in the army is issued by the government then.
The Selection Process under the Agneepath Scheme: Under agneepath , the appointment of Agni Veers will be done through army rallies. These rallies will be organized across the country at an interval of 90 days, and on the basis of that, they will be selected into the Indian Army. Due to the coronavirus epidemic, no army rally has been organized in India for the last 2 years, so very soon it will be organized across the country.
Documents required to apply for Agneepath Scheme.:-
- Aadhar card.
- pan card.
- Passport size photo.
- mobile number.
- Bank account statement.
- Educational Qualification Certificate.
- Address proof.
- for full information of recruitment notification please visit Airforce Agniveer Recruitment 2022 Notification
Salaries under the Agneepath Scheme:The total annual package under this scheme about Rs 4.76 lakh will be given in the first year and Rs 6.92 lakh will be increased in the fourth year. Under the service fund scheme, the government will save only 30% of their salary. The government will also deposit same money in their account on their own behalf, and when they complete four years, they will be given 10 to 12 lakh rupees from the government. Apart from this, they will not get any other facilities, like a pension.
HOW TO INCREASE STAMINA ______Also read
Benifit of this scheme
- The union government on Thursday promised to reserve 10 per cent of posts in the Home and Defence ministries for ‘Agniveers.
- After a meeting with Army Chief General Manoj Pandey, Navy Chief Admiral R Hari Kumar and Air Force Chief Air Chief Marshal VR Chowdhary on Saturday, Rajnath said 10 per cent of the jobs in the Indian Coast Guard will be reserved for Agniveers. The same applies to 16 state-owned companies in the Ministry of Defence.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah announced that 10 per cent seats of Agniveers will be reserved in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assam Rifles. The Ministry of Home Affairs also promised that Agniveers will get three more years exemption from the age limit of the scheme to join CAPFS and Assam Rifles. It has been extended to five years for the first batch of Agniveers.
- The Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways announced that the inclusion of Agniveers in six service branches, including merchant navy, will be seen to ensure smooth accession.
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation has promised that efforts will be initiated to rope in technically-capable Agniveers to various uses.
- The National Institute of Open Schooling has announced that it will provide special courses for the Agniveers associated with the project to get class 10th and 12th pass certificates. This certificate can be used for entering higher education across the country.
- Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri said that the idea is to rope in retired Agniveers in all the state-owned enterprises under the housing and petroleum ministries.
- The Union Ministry of Education has decided to introduce a three-year special technical educational course at the undergraduate level for Agniveers.
- Apart from various central government ministries, bjp-ruled state governments have also made various promises. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has said that Agniveers will get priority in related work including police in the state.
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced that Agniveers will be given priority in jobs.
- The Madhya Pradesh government has announced that after serving in the army, the state police will consider recruiting the Agniveers first.
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced that those who will spend four years in the scheme will get priority in the recruitment process of the state police.
- The Karnataka government has made the same promise.
- Apart from the BJP-ruled government, several industrialists have extended their support to the scheme. Anand Mahindra’s announcement on Monday, the deserving and trained youth (Agniveers) are welcome to the Mahindra group.
- Almost the same promise has been made by industrialist Harsh Goenka. On Monday, he tweeted, “The RPG group also welcomes the opportunity to recruit Agniveers. Hopefully other corporate bodies will also take this oath and ensure the future of our youth.